In addition to regular yoga classes in Bali, there is also the DHAMMA retreat center. If you don't know what Vipassana is, it is essentially a departure from the busy world for several days (usually 7-10) to a special closed, calm place and complete dedication to meditation and self-discovery.
Practically everyone who has tried this says that the experience is simply unforgettable and very worthwhile ;)
You can view the course schedule and sign up at the following link:
Benefits of Vipassana Meditation
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Increased self-awareness
- Better emotional regulation
- Improved concentration and focus
- Enhanced sense of inner peace and well-being
What to Expect on a Vipassana Retreat
During a Vipassana retreat, participants follow a strict schedule that includes long periods of sitting and walking meditation, as well as periods of silence and group discussions. Meals are simple and vegetarian, and no outside communication is allowed.
Participants are required to adhere to a set of rules, which generally include abstaining from alcohol, drugs, and sexual activity, as well as refraining from any religious or spiritual practices other than Vipassana meditation.
Choosing the Right Retreat Center
When looking for a Vipassana retreat center, it is important to consider things like location, facilities, and the experience and qualifications of the teachers. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
- Location - Choose a location that appeals to you and is convenient to get to.
- Facilities - Look for a center that has comfortable accommodations, a quiet setting, and adequate facilities for practicing meditation.
- Teacher experience - Check the qualifications and experience of the teachers to ensure that you are getting high-quality instruction.
- Retreat length - Consider how long you want to meditate for, and choose a retreat that fits your schedule and experience level.
- Cost - Vipassana retreats can vary greatly in price, so be sure to choose a center that fits your budget.
You can add one right now!