How to care for your hair after surfing? Tips from experienced surfers.
- Gather your hair into a braid before surfing to prevent tangles and interference.
- You can use hair sunscreen, but it's more effective if you're a frequent surfer.
- Apply conditioner to your hair's full length before surfing and leave it during your session.
- Rinse your hair with freshwater or even better, drinking water, as soon as you come out of the water. Don't leave salt on your hair!
- After each surf session, leave conditioner in your hair for at least 5 minutes.
- Occasionally apply deep conditioning treatments to the ends of your hair.