I am terrified of snakes, even non-venomous ones. Are there snakes in Bali? Where is the highest chance of encountering them (i.e. where should I avoid)? Where should I go for medical attention after a snakebite?
- Contact Information:
- WhatsApp +62 821-4638-0270
- +62 813 38496700 (Ron)
Where are Snakes typically found in Bali?
Snakes can be found across Bali but they tend to prefer areas with warm, wet weather such as rice fields, bushes, forests and gardens.
How to avoid snake bites?
- Wear protective clothing (boots, long pants and sleeves) when hiking or doing other outdoor activities
- Be aware of your surroundings and watch where you step, especially in tall grass and brush
- Avoid approaching or handling snakes, even non-venomous snakes, as they can still bite and transmit diseases
What to do if you are bitten by a snake?
- Stay calm and do not panic.
- Call for medical help or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
- DO NOT: try to catch or kill the snake, apply a tourniquet or ice, cut the bite wound or attempt to suck out the venom.