👨👩👦 If you are married to an Indonesian or a foreigner who holds a KITAS work permit in Indonesia, you and your underage children have the right to obtain a family KITAS.
✅ The visa allows you to reunite with your family and live in the country for up to 5 years (with annual renewal required) for those who have officially married an Indonesian citizen. After being married to an Indonesian spouse for 2 years, you can apply for a KITAP (permanent residence permit).
✅ If the family KITAS is being issued for the children and spouse of a foreigner working in Indonesia on a KITAS work permit, the KITAS for their family members is granted for the same period as the KITAS of the permit holder.
Compared to a tourist visa, a KITAS has several advantages:
- You can enter and exit the country without limitations
- You can obtain an Indonesian driver's license
- You can open bank accounts and apply for loans and credit cards in Indonesia
- You can receive discounts at tourist attractions and sports centers
- You can obtain local insurance
Obtaining a family KITAS is no more difficult than getting a visa to any European country.
Where to Find More Information on Family KITAS?
To find out more about obtaining and renewing your KITAS, visit our website: legalindonesia.id
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us on WhatsApp.