Indonesian Visa in Bali. All Types of Visas

To obtain and extend Indonesian visas, we recommend the agency Legal Indonesia. This is an official company that processes visas, and they can be trusted.
Legal Indonesia provides an optimal option in terms of price and speed.
📩 Contact them on Telegram or WhatsApp
📰 Stay updated on all visa-related news and immigration office operations on the

Useful Links

Single-entry Visas

Short-term Visas

If you are planning a short stay in Bali (up to 60 days), a Visa on Arrival (VoA, eVoA), or an electronic tourist visa e211 A is suitable for you.
They cannot be extended beyond 60 days; you must leave the country. Overstaying for one day (staying in Indonesia after the visa expiration) will cost one million Indonesian Rupiahs. Plan your stay in advance!

Visa-Free Entry Stamp

Currently issued only for citizens of ASEAN countries.
Before the pandemic, it was available to citizens of many countries.
Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Currently issued for citizens of 97 countries.
A Visa on Arrival (VoA) can be obtained for 30 days upon arriving in the country at the airport, seaport, or land border crossing. To obtain it, you need a passport valid for at least six months, a payment receipt (visa cost is 500,000 Indonesian Rupiahs), a return ticket, or a ticket out of Indonesia. The visa can be extended once for an additional 30 days, and the extension cost is from 500,000 Rupiahs. The total stay in Indonesia with VoA is 60 days. After this period, you will need to leave the country.

Electronic Visa on Arrival (eVoA)

You can apply and pay for the Electronic Visa on Arrival (eVoA) in advance directly on the immigration service website without intermediaries. This helps expedite the border control process upon arrival. The cost of the visa for 30 days is 500,000 Indonesian Rupiahs. It is also possible to extend this visa online for an additional 30 days by paying the same amount. However, there are currently mixed reviews about the website's functionality.

Electronic Tourist Visa e211A

This visa is issued for 60 days and can be independently processed on the Molina website. It is issued without the need for a sponsor. The cost of this visa is 1,500,000 Indonesian Rupiahs. Extensions can be done through an agency.


Guest Visa 211
This visa can be obtained while being outside the country (offshore visa). The application process is done electronically and does not require a visit to the consulate.
It is processed with the assistance of a sponsor (through an agency) who takes responsibility for your actions. The cost of processing is better to inquire directly with the agency.
There are different types of guest visas depending on the purpose of your visit - tourist or business visa. An electronic guest visa with a single entry (canceled upon exit) is issued for 60 days. For such a visa, two extensions of 60 days each can be obtained. The total stay on this visa should not exceed 180 days. After two extensions, you need to leave the country.
Work is not allowed on this visa. If you apply for the visa through an agency, you will only need to provide your passport and pay the visa fee. The agency will handle all the documents for you. If you leave Indonesia, the visa will be canceled. There are usually no restrictions on the number of consecutive social visas obtained.
The cost of a single extension of the electronic visa through the Legal Indonesia agency is 2.6 million Indonesian Rupiahs. By using the services of a visa agency, you need to submit your passport to the agent for extension 10 working days before the expiration of the visa. For the first extension, you will need to visit the immigration office to provide biometric data. If there are no queues, this procedure will take about 30 minutes. For each extension, you can either hand over your passport to a courier, bring it to the office yourself, or leave it in the office to avoid visa-related concerns.

Multiple Visas

D212 Multivisa

Issued for one year, this visa allows unlimited entries and exits from Indonesia throughout its validity period. You can stay in the country for up to 60 days at a time, after which you must leave Indonesia. You can return at any time. However, there is an option to extend it without leaving the country through an agency.
The 60-day period will be counted each time you enter the country. This visa is suitable for those planning to travel between Bali and other countries throughout the year. You won't need to apply for a new visa for each entry or extend it.

Second Home Visa (Investor Visa)

The 'Second Home' visa is designed to attract affluent foreigners interested in investing in real estate in Indonesia. It is not a work visa issued to foreigners and/or their families residing in Indonesia.
The foreigner must have an 'immigration guarantee'—a specific amount of funds or property with 'luxury categories.'
Family members of the foreigner with a 'Second Home' visa, such as spouses, children, or parents, can also obtain the visa. To apply for the visa, you need to submit an application on the website, attaching:
  1. A valid passport with a minimum validity of 36 months.
  2. Proof of funds, such as a bank account owned by the foreigner or a guarantor with funds of at least 2,000,000,000.00 Indonesian Rupiah (two billion Rupiah) or equivalent.
  3. Recent color photograph sized 4 cm x 6 cm against a white background.
  4. Resume.

KITAS - Limited Stay Permit (Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas)

Currently issued online, the cost depends on the type of KITAS you want to obtain. Suitable for citizens planning an extended stay in Indonesia for work, retirement, staying with an Indonesian spouse or a spouse holding a KITAS, research activities, investment, education, or religious activities.
There are different types of KITAS for various purposes.
It is not just a work visa; a work KITAS is only one type of this limited stay permit. For employment in Indonesia, a work KITAS is obtained along with an IMTA (Izin Menggunakan Tenaga Kerja Asing - a permit to use foreign workers), which, together, grants the right to work in Indonesia. An Indonesian KITAS visa without IMTA does not permit work.
Among other types of KITAS not intended for work, the most popular ones include:
  • Family KITAS (KITAS Keluarga) visas, including types 317 and 318, are issued to family members as well as foreigners married to Indonesian citizens. Family KITAS is granted for a duration of 5 years with mandatory annual renewals
  • Student KITAS (KITAS Pelajar), type 316, is issued to students.
  • Pension KITAS (KITAS Pensiunan), type 319, is designed for citizens who have reached the retirement age of 55. In addition to documents, financial stability confirmation is required.
Frequently, there are questions and uncertainties about whether to obtain a work visa in Bali or work illegally?
Getting a KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) takes quite a long time (about 3 months) and can be expensive (around $2,000). Additionally, with such a work permit, you can only work in the specified position and company. However, you can work without fear of being caught, fined, or deported. A work visa comes with some benefits: you can obtain Indonesian driver's licenses for an extended period, arrange local health insurance, and receive significant discounts in certain entertainment and wellness facilities.
When obtained through the online system, you receive a VITAS (Visa Izin Tinggal Terbatas, a visa for limited stay). Upon arrival in Indonesia, the visa agency transforms it into ITAS (Izin Tinggal Terbatas – temporary stay permit), arranges MERP (Multiple Exit Re-Entry Permit), and issues a KITAS, which currently looks like a document printed on an A4 sheet. Typically, extensions are done through a visa agency or by the company hiring you. The number of extensions depends on the type of document issued for limited stay. After the KITAS expires, it must be closed.
There is an option for multiple entries.
To have the ability to exit and enter Indonesia multiple times during the visa's validity period, you need to obtain a special document called MERP (Multiple Exit Re-Entry Permit). With this permit, you can leave and re-enter Indonesia an unlimited number of times.

Frequently Asked Questions

Have you heard about restrictions on the maximum number of tourist visas/stamps consecutively obtained?
There hasn't been any official information about limitations in this regard. However, recently, immigration officers often ask questions to those arriving with visa runs, primarily inquiring about work in Indonesia. In such cases, it is advisable to have a prepared and highly plausible explanation for your answers.  
If the passport expires in 4 months, will I be allowed on the plane?
No, you should not be allowed on a plane to Indonesia. Most countries, including Indonesia, have a requirement for a passport to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry. Even when purchasing a ticket, many airlines check the passport expiration date. If you somehow manage to board the plane, you may still face issues at passport control in Indonesia, and you might be turned away or asked for additional fees. It's recommended to renew your passport while there is still time.
What happens if I work in Indonesia without a work visa?
Officially: a fine of up to 500 million rupiahs and deportation with a ban on re-entering Indonesia. Alternatively, if you cannot pay the fine, imprisonment for up to 5 years and deportation. If you work for a large official company or have a public-facing job, a work visa is essential. If you are a low-profile programmer, don't frequently encounter officials at the airport, don't accommodate a large number of people in houses, don't submit requests to local authorities for large-scale wedding shoots, and don't actively conduct photo sessions in popular tourist places, the risk is relatively low. However, there is still a risk (reports from ill-intentioned individuals, raids, etc.).  
Messages will appear here soon.
You can add one right now!