Bali Family Hangout
Opening hours: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday - 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM; Friday is a day off.
In the past, this was a well-known project called Bali Kids Land. Now it has different owners and an updated playground.
Located in the Penestanan area, the space includes an open café with a great menu, a children's playground, a pool, and a sandbox.
The cost is 100k, and with a KITAS (Indonesian residence permit), it's 50k.
The visit cost includes a 25k food deposit.
There is an option to purchase multi-visit passes, which can be very convenient.
Mana Kitchen Ubud
Opening hours: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Within the restaurant's premises, there is a bamboo playground with a slide and toys. Currently, the toy selection is quite limited, but the owners have promised to address this issue soon. The only inconvenience is that the playground is located far from the seating area of the restaurant. So, if you have a small child, combining dining and letting your child play on the playground is not entirely safe. The playground has two levels.
In the dining area of the cafe, you can find children's board games and books.
The menu primarily offers healthy food with generous portions.
The cafe's premises are spacious, with both open-air and covered areas. You can take a short walk past the rental bungalows and see how mulberries are growing.
Dharma Kula Ubud
Opening hours: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
This new and beautiful cafe in Penestanan features a children's play area with a mini-kitchen, books, and a slide. There's a specially designed table for kids as well.
The menu is vegetarian, emphasizing healthy food, and offers delicious desserts and beverages.
They also provide a children's high chair.
Titi Batu Ubud Club
Opening hours: 07:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Within the club's premises, there is a large swimming pool and an open children's playground.
On Sundays, there is a foam party in the pool starting at 3:00 PM. Additionally, there is a skate park, volleyball and basketball courts available.
The restaurant offers a wide selection of dishes, including vegetarian options. They have a children's menu and provide high chairs for kids.
Good Day Resto Pool Bar
Opening hours: 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
An excellent beach club in Ubud, located in the Penestanan area amidst rice fields.
Upon calling from the parking area, a local golf cart with a driver will pick you up and take you directly to the location.
The premises are spacious, featuring a pool of varying depths in the center, sun loungers, and a children's playground on the lawn. There is a covered restaurant area and a sheltered area as well.
They offer a children's menu, vegetarian options, and high chairs for feeding. Prices are above average, but pool access is complimentary. You can also order coconuts or juices. The cafe is exceptionally kid-friendly.
Opening hours: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
A special cafe with a children's play area. The space is small but comfortable.
This place often hosts parent-child meetings and events.
The cafe is located on the first floor, while the main space with the children's playroom is on the second floor. The children's area is situated in a separate air-conditioned room.
Prices are moderate, and the menu offers a variety of European dishes.
Ubud Fairy Village Café
Opening hours: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
A fantastic place for children, especially for girls.
Here, they can sculpt dragons, dinosaurs, mermaids, unicorns, and more from clay. Parents can enjoy tea or coffee with dessert or order something heartier from the breakfast and lunch menu while their child is engaged in creative activities.
The cost of a class is as follows: 1 hour - 120k, 1.5 hours - 180k, 2 hours - 240k, 2.5 hours - 300k, 3 hours - 360k.
In addition to drop-in children's classes, they also offer workshops for adults and parents. It's best to check the schedule on Instagram.
The cafe's menu includes pancakes, waffles, bowls, English breakfast, and porridge, all at reasonable prices.
Opening hours: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
An updated indoor children's playground in Ubud, in the Penestanan area.
There are plenty of crawl spaces, slides, and a ball pit. The cost is 30k for 2 hours.
You can purchase water, fried rice, and french fries on-site.
Opening hours: 09:00 AM - 9:00 PM
A vegetarian European warung with a splendid view of the terraces. The premises include their own farm, a coconut grove, and enclosures with roosters - a perfect place for spending time with a child.
The menu is diverse, featuring salads, bowls, and vegan rolls.
A cool feature of the cafe is the large trampoline for children, and even adults (with a capacity of up to 6 people), as well as a slide.
Inside the cafe, there are children's toys and board games. You won't get bored here.
Prices are moderate.
Opening hours: Tue-Sat 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM; Sun-Mon 08:00 AM - 7:00 PM
On Sundays at 10:00 AM, there is a children's clay sculpting workshop in the pottery studio. The workshop lasts for 1.5 hours.
Cost: 100k for sculpting only, or 150k for sculpting with glazing.
During the workshop, parents can enjoy our signature coffee and visit the bakery.
Afterward, you can stay for a family breakfast. We have children's highchairs available, and the menu prices are above average.
Kelapa Muda Ubud Pool Bar and Kitchen
Opening hours: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
A beautiful establishment with delicious food and friendly staff. The premises include a children's playground and a large infinity pool overlooking the rice fields.
They offer a children's menu and highchairs for feeding. Live music is featured on Sundays.
This place is also ideal for celebrating a child's birthday, with a separate menu available for events.
Usha Cafe and Bakery
Opening hours: 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
A very tasty restaurant serving Slavic cuisine in Bali: dumplings, borscht, Olivier salad, cheesecakes, cutlets, and much more. Suitable for a family breakfast, lunch, or a festive dinner with friends.
Visitors praise the atmosphere in the café, describing it as "just like grandma's in the village." The establishment has an indoor area with a small children's corner and an outdoor area with a garden.
It's worth noting that they have a high-quality bakery with a wide selection of excellent desserts at reasonable prices. You can also order a cake for an event, and they offer a vegan cake option.
Here they serve frozen yogurt with a wide variety of flavors and toppings! It's a delight for both adults and little sweet tooths.
They operate on a self-service system, and a cashier is available to weigh your order and handle payments, ensuring a quick and efficient process.
The indoor space is air-conditioned, and they provide complimentary water with fruits. Please note that they don't have high chairs for children. Prices are moderate.
Opening hours: 08:00 - 22:00, closed on Mondays from 14:00-16:00.
This cozy cafe is located in the Mas area, right across from a soccer field, making it a great spot for outings with children. They offer a delicious menu featuring avocado toast, pancakes, paninis, falafel, bowls, and more, ensuring that every family member can find something tasty to enjoy.
On the first floor, there's a newly renovated children's corner equipped with toys. While they don't have a dedicated children's menu, they do have high chairs available.
Opening hours: Monday-Thursday from 9:00 to 20:00, Friday-Sunday from 9:00 to 21:00.
This cafe features a vast green area and a dedicated children's zone. The desserts are highly praised, and the menu offers a wide variety of European dishes, including healthy and vegetarian options. High chairs for children are available.
Sayuri Healing Food
Opening hours: 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM.
This is one of the top vegetarian restaurants in Ubud. The food here is delicious and healthy, making it a favorite among children. For breakfast, kids enjoy smoothie bowls with granola, and after lunch, there are well-balanced vegetable bowls.
The cafe offers a spacious area where children often run around, finding their own entertainment and even experimenting with musical instruments. On Sundays at 11:00 AM, they host children's culinary masterclasses that last for 30-40 minutes. During this time, parents can participate or observe the process with their children or enjoy a meal at the restaurant.
Savory Cafe also serves excellent and healthy desserts, making them a delight for children due to their wholesome ingredients.
Opening hours: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM.
Bali Buda is a store specializing in healthy and nutritious foods, which also doubles as a cafe. They primarily offer wholesome and nourishing dishes. In all Bali Buda cafes across the island, you can find children's high chairs, and at the cashier, you can request pencils and coloring sheets for kids.
They have gluten-free cakes and pastries, and their menu includes both vegetarian and classic options, providing a variety of choices.
Opening hours: Unlimited. Free entry.
ParQ is a spacious and modern area that speaks for itself. They've recently built a new children's playground and have plans for further expansion. The outdoor children's area doesn't have shading, so don't forget to bring hats to protect your kids from the sun. There are plenty of slides, climbing structures, and swings. Nearby, there are tables and couches where parents can relax.
In addition, the park features an open children's playroom with a visitation cost of 50k.
You can come here to swim in the pool, have lunch, or dine in one of the various cafes located throughout the ParQ space.
Clear Cafe is known for its extensive and wonderfully diverse menu. They offer many healthy organic dishes, making it a great choice for families looking for nutritious options. Kids can enjoy dishes like hummus and vegetarian platters.
The staff is polite and happy to interact with children.
They provide highchairs, clean restrooms, and air conditioning for added comfort.
In terms of safety, it's important to note that there is an open staircase from the second floor to the first, so it's necessary to keep an eye on your child to prevent accidents. Additionally, there's a pond without fencing, which can pose a potential hazard.
Prices at Clear Cafe are on the higher side, but the quality and variety of the menu make it worth considering for a family outing.
Pyramids Of Chi
Opening hours: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
This space is designed for sound healing sessions. Sound healing sessions are conducted in special large pyramids.
There is also a restaurant on the premises. The menu includes European, Mediterranean, and Balinese dishes. The food is vegetarian, with options like lasagna, burgers, salads, and bowls, served fairly quickly.
Most of the seating is semi-open.
Prices are above average. There is no children's menu or high chairs available.
Green Kubu Cafe
Opening hours: 09:00 AM - 09:00 PM
A fantastic place for outings with children near Ubud, close to the northern rice terraces of Tegallalang
Firstly, it's a beautiful location amidst the rice fields, perfect for simply enjoying nature.
Secondly, there's a great café offering Indonesian and European cuisine at affordable prices.
Thirdly, there's a playground with a slide, a suspension bridge, and climbing bars.
As you approach the café, you'll find a spacious parking area with attendants to look after your vehicle. The path to the café winds through the fields, and the expansive views are captivating from the very beginning. This place is especially stunning at sunset.
The café is partially covered and features regular tables, as well as an outdoor terrace with comfortable bean bags for seating.
Dome Garden Cafe
Opening hours: 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Another good place for activities with children, located not far from Ubud. This café offers a children's play area and a swimming pool. There are two establishments on the premises: one more upscale and another more budget-friendly. The menu primarily features Indonesian and European cuisine, and it's reasonably priced.
It might not be suitable for very young children.
The atmosphere is wonderful, with various gazebos and benches providing excellent views of the lush Ubud landscape. This place is great for celebrating a child's birthday.
It's very kid-friendly, with highchairs available for feeding little ones.
Bali Funtastic Restaurant
Opening hours: 08:00 AM - 10:00 PM
This restaurant boasts an excellent green area, picturesque views, a children's playground, and an Instagram-worthy statue. The restaurant's prices are on the higher side.
It's a great place to enjoy views of the rice fields and spend time away from the center of Ubud. Kids will have a blast on the playground, and there are also rabbits (in cages) on the premises that you can feed.
They have a children's menu, but it's somewhat limited. Highchairs for feeding are also available.
Opening hours: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
This restaurant and beach club featuring Indonesian cuisine is located in the northern part of Ubud and is ideal for spending time with children. The premises include several photo spots, a pool, and verandas.
The highlight here is the massive wooden ship that kids can climb on, as well as a children's area with a trampoline and swings.
The cafe has a covered area with tables, and there's also a zone with sofas and cushions under palm trees overlooking magnificent rice terraces.
The menu primarily consists of Indonesian and fried dishes such as nuggets and French fries. You can bring your kids here for drinks, as they have juices and pizza.
Bali Boards Cafe и Blue Bear Skatepark
Opening hours: Mon-Sat from 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
This cafe is located within a skate park.
The owner is Italian, so you can expect a delicious Italian menu, including mozzarella paninis, pizza, cheese platters, hummus, and wine.
This place is more suitable for slightly older kids. You can rent protective gear and a skateboard for your child, hire an instructor, and then relax with a glass of wine and snacks while your child enjoys skateboarding.
Additionally, you can celebrate your child's birthday here.
Cat Cafe Ubud
Opening hours: Wed-Mon from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
This is a small cafe for "cat therapy," where children are usually very happy.
There is an entrance fee of 20k, and the menu is limited to juices, pancakes, salads, coffee/tea.
There are no highchairs for feeding, but your little one can crawl around if parents are not too picky.
Recommendations from Lera:
- Bali Funtastic
on the map - a playground at a restaurant, entrance fee per child is 20,000 IDR, but the playground is great and outdoors.
- Odette - a restaurant with a small children's room, also outdoors.
- Greenkubu - there's a children's playground, but we didn't like it much, but they have vegan fruit ice cream for kids if that's relevant to you.
- Dome Garden Cafe - a cafe with a children's Jacuzzi, slide, swings, a small children's room, and a large area. In the evening, you can see the sunset glow, beautiful lighting, and sometimes there's karaoke.
Kumulilir is an interesting place. Three zones for children on three levels: an open playroom with various toys, books, a tent, and a mini slide on the second level (they may not allow access now because of falling durians), a children's playground on the third level with swings, slides, a large trampoline, a zip line, a sandbox, and more. There are hanging bridges, treehouses, a civet cat, a coffee processing area, chickens running around, scenic viewpoints, a Baltic swing with a view, and plenty of space to roam around. We really enjoyed it. The downside is that the menu is small. The main offering is a coffee and tea tasting set for 50,000 IDR, and they have fried bananas and similar dishes for around 40,000 IDR, and fried rice for 50,000 IDR, maybe a couple more dishes. It's about a 20-minute drive from the center of Ubud.
- S A Playground - about 20-30 minutes from the center of Ubud, it's a mini amusement park. Everything costs 15,000 IDR: mini bikes for children, trampolines, a large inflatable slide, a mechanical bull to ride, an indoor playroom with a slide, a ball pit, and more. Some attractions may not be working now, like the swan boats in the pool, but even what's open is great! There's no time limit on each attraction; we spent a long time on the trampolines with our daughter and ended up only paying for her.
- Sayuri - on Saturdays from 11 am to 12 pm, they have a kids' culinary masterclass, free entrance. They also have a drum, a glukophon, a ukulele, maracas, and you can play them yourself. There are swings, hammocks, hanging chairs, children's chairs and tables. On Tuesdays and Saturdays at 7 pm, they have live music if your child is interested in that.
- Next Level Kids - a daycare center. The daily rate is 300,000 IDR for children over 4 years old and 250,000 IDR for children under 4 years old with adult supervision. The price includes access to the pool and three meals. After 5 pm, they have a sauna, and Thursdays and Sundays are family days, so you can come with your kids.
- Bali Kids Land - a new space with many great, non-broken toys, cool play areas, a pool, a cafe, balance bikes, toy cars, carts, and more. After lunch, they have some activity every day. In December, they have a promotion with a 50,000 IDR entrance fee.
- Titi Ubud Club - a pool, a gym, a small wooden children's playground, a cafe, but on some weekends, they organize a kids' club day with entertainment, food, and movie screenings, it's around 250,000 IDR.
- There are also the girls from Kancil Art Bali - they host various workshops at different locations during the week, and they publish announcements every week, including workshops at Mades Bananaflours Cafe, Titi Ubud Club, Ubud Creative House, Bali Kids Land, and more.
- Oh, there's also Bali Nguni - it's a cool cafe with both kids' and adults' pools, a mini-museum of Balinese culture with various instruments you can play, and a children's area in nature with a view of the rice fields. It's pretty cool, but they serve regular Indonesian cuisine.
And Shamanamama has already been recommended.
Recommendation from Irina Shi:
Have a great day, everyone! ☀️
I want to share our discovery and tell you about Sanggraloka Farm in Ubud.
This is a very large space with numerous different areas for relaxation and dining on various levels. Incredibly beautiful views. Down below, there are cold springs where you can bathe, and there's a pond with fish. Up top, there's a mini zoo with rabbits and birds, as well as a fantastic playground. There's even a mini trampoline. For an additional 50,000 IDR, you can attend a painting class, and for 20,000 IDR, they provide plenty of food to feed the rabbits.
The entrance fee is 20,000 IDR for adults, but this amount is credited as a deposit for food in the cafe (you can use it in different areas by choosing your preferred zone). Children enter for free. They also have their own gardens (you can see everything), and they use products from there to prepare food in the cafe. There are large swings that you can swing on, almost over the edge, you could say.
In general, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Both children and my husband and I really enjoyed it there. We were there yesterday, on Sunday. There were almost only locals, and there were very few people for a weekend day.
Here are the recommendations from Anna regarding children's activities and playgrounds in Ubud:
1. Pyramids Of Chi
2. The Westin Resort & Spa Ubud, Bali (Children's Playground)
3. Ubud Fairy Village
4. Sanggraloka Farm (Children's Playground)
5. Padma Resort Ubud (Ducks on the premises, great for a walk)
6. Tegallalang Market - An attraction found for toddlers; opens at 5:30 PM and offers painting with paints for 15,000 IDR and balloons.
7. Lapangan Astina Gianyar - Large children's playground
8. Bali Nguni - Features a mini-museum of Balinese life with musical instruments, great pools for both adults and children, a playground, a bamboo ship, cats with kittens, and turkeys.
9. Bali Butterfly Park - Taman Kupu-kupu Bali Butterfly Park (Butterfly Park)
10. Bale Udang Mang Engking Ubud - A restaurant by the lake where you can walk with a stroller.
11. Bali United Play Land
12. Bali Kids Land
13. Bali Fun World - Trampoline Park
14. Ubud Yoga Centre (Play Area)
15. Ubud Fairy Village - Toy museum
16. Cat Shelter - You can bring food, feed the cats, and play with them.
17. Library - Pondok Pekak Library (Children's Library with dance lessons, wood carving, and fruit carving classes)
18. Small Water Park - Kolam Taman Reren
19. Kemenuh Swimming Pool & Water Recreation
20. Waterboom Bukit Jati - Bukit Jati Waterboom Gianyar (Children's Water Park)
21. Drum Factory - Outlet Shop (Bali Treasures - Drum Factory) - You can come in and play the drums.
22. The Mansion Resort Hotel & Spa - Children's Club
23. Odette Bali - Café with a play area
24. ACK Fried Chicken Silungan (Children's Playground)
25. Nagi Kitchen Coffee & Sushi (Play Area)
26. Kelapa Muda Ubud - Small pool, children's playground, sunset view
27. Sari Api Ceramic Studio (Sari Api) - Suitable for kids from 4 years old
28. Blue Bear Skate Park (Blue Bear Skate Park) - Music classes are also held here.
29. S A Playground - Children's room
30. Greenkubu - They also have a children's playground, but it may not be suitable for everyone. They offer vegan fruit ice cream for kids if that's of interest.
31. Dome Garden Cafe - Café with a children's jacuzzi, slide, swings, a small children's room, and a large area. In the evening, you can enjoy the sunset view, beautiful lighting, and karaoke.
32. Kumulilir - An interesting place with 3 zones for children on 3 levels: an open playroom with various toys, books, tents, and a mini slide; a children's playground on the 2nd level; a children's playground on the 3rd level with swings, slides, a large trampoline, a zip line, a sandbox, and more. There are also suspension bridges, treehouses, a civet cat, a coffee processing area, chickens roaming the area, viewpoints, Balinese swings with a view, and plenty of space to roam.
33. Sayuri - On Saturdays from 11 AM to 12 PM, they have a children's culinary masterclass with free admission. They also have a café with drums, a xylophone, a ukulele, maracas that you can play with, swings, hammocks, hanging chairs, and children's chairs and tables. On Tuesdays and Saturdays at 7 PM, they have musical programs, in case your child is interested in live music.
34. Montessori Sports Kids Club - Offers various classes for children, including culinary and dance, but the cost needs to be discussed individually.
35. Next Level Kids - A daycare for children where children aged 4 and above can be left for 300,000 IDR, while those under 4 can stay with an adult for 250,000 IDR. The price includes access to the pool and three meals.
These are great options to keep your children entertained and engaged in Ubud!
Here's the translation of Kristina review about Titi Batu:
"Oh, this place is fantastic 🥰
We hang out there all the time)
There are three pools: one for very young children, one for older kids, and a long one for adults. There's no slide, but there's a diving platform that the kids love to jump off. The playground is small, with two slides and sand, and everyone enjoys playing there. Plus, the entire play area is shaded. There's also an enclosed play area with air conditioning and toys like the wooden Ikea train set.
For older kids, there's a skate park and a basketball court, a dry sauna, and a hammam 🤤. There's also a spa center for adults.
And the cafe serves very delicious food.
The food is excellent."
Recommendation from Sergey
For families in Ubud with children under 10 years old))
We found a delightful place that resembles "our" children's centers - S A PLAY GROUND.
It's a great spot to let your kids (up to 10 years old) run and jump around for a couple of hours. They have several types of trampolines, a children's pool, a playground, and a climbing wall. There's also a café, but please note that not everything from the menu is always available.
Right now, there are hardly any people here, so you can enjoy a peaceful time 😎
Recommendations from Tatiana
1) There's Resya Playground, entrance fee 25K. It's a bit old but kids can run and jump around. You can buy fried eggs, french fries, and water there.
2) A bit further away is ECD Playground, entrance fee 100K, with a KITAS (residence permit) it's 50K. It's a newer and great place. I think there's also food available there.
3) A bit further is Bali United Play Land. They use a card system. The simplest card with money is 60K, entrance to the area with slides/balls is around 35K. I don't know the prices for other attractions, but I think you can top up the card. There's a cafe nearby and a KFC not far away.
Bali United Play Land Phone: +62 822-5762-5582
4) There's a great cafe with a children's area. They have toys there. Prices for avocado toast are around 75K, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if there's an additional service charge.