wed16jun(jun 16)9:00 amfri18(jun 18)5:00 pmBamboo Structure Workshop (3 days)9:00 am - 5:00 pm (18) Asali Bali, Jl. Padat Karya No.9, Belega, Kec. Blahbatuh, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80581Event type:ArtDistrict:GianyarEntry:Free
Become familiar with bamboo construction techniques, principles of construction, opportunities and constraints of bamboo as a building material and participate in artisan bamboo craft workshops. The Workshop venue is located in
Become familiar with bamboo construction techniques, principles of construction, opportunities and constraints of bamboo as a building material and participate in artisan bamboo craft workshops.
The Workshop venue is located in our bamboo factory where artisan craftsmen and bamboo preservation techniques can be observed, with additional site visits to view completed projects and visits to local bamboo furniture and craft studios.
The workshop content can easily be tailored to your individual technical requirements, whether you have a project in mind, or simply wish to learn the general principles when building with this fascinating construction material.
Whilst we are primarily focused on large scale bamboo structures and commercial construction (residential, educational, retail and leisure), we cannot resist to share our experiences and help others develop their own projects promoting sustainable and aesthetic construction.
Our vision is to add value on bamboo & natural building materials using:
• Balinese traditional knowledge
• Sustainable & Eco-friendly solutions
• Engineered solutions
Workshop Timeline :
Day 1 : Become familiar with bamboo construction and design.
– Presentation of each individual project and motivations.
– Presentation of bamboo material and weaknesses.
– Technical key structural matters and solutions.
– Documentation of modern and engineered designs.
– Start realization of small scale project 1:50. (1cm = 50cm)
– End of the day and relax after questions/answers.
Day 2 : Get into bamboo material and practice!
– Traditional Balinese bamboo skills
• How to prepare a piece of bamboo.
• How to cut a bamboo properly.
• How to connect 2 bamboos.
• How to drill and pin 2 bamboos.
• How to split a bamboo.
– Realization of a bamboo prototype scale 1:1. (real size)
– Practice with the craftsmen bamboo techniques.
– End of the day, debrief of techniques learned and relax after questions/answers.
Day 3 : Application on to projects of bamboo specificity.
– Visit of the factory and material preparation.
– Head back on your project regarding the bamboo techniques learned.
– Workshop on particular points of your project.
– Finalization of your small scale (1:50) or a technical/critical part of it.
– Visit of 2-3 bamboo buildings in Bali.
Bonuses & other advantages :
– Intensive content, documentation and personalized advice.
– Content adapted on your skills and projects.
– Factory facilities and exchanges are welcome after the workshop.
Service included :
– Coffees, croissants, lunches, Balinese cakes.
– All material and tools for small scales and prototype realization.
You can contact Olivier for more information and pricing:
– Phone:+62 (0) 82144012865
– Email: email@example.com
Or fill directly the registration form:
16 (Wednesday) 9:00 am - 18 (Friday) 5:00 pm
Jl. Padat Karya No.9, Belega, Kec. Blahbatuh, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80581